Yep, there it is. Take it all in, folks. This is where I've been doing the majority of my writing (i.e. "where the magic happens") since I got released into the wild nearly one month ago.
I made literally no effort to clean up the space before taking this photo. It's the real deal.
- The iPad + keyboard is pretty self-explanatory.
- I have no idea why my son's shoes are on the table.
- A few minutes ago, that bowl was full of cereal. After this post goes up I'll rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher.
- The candle is always there, for those cases when the house smells weird for whatever reason and we've got company coming over. Before you go all, "Ew!" on me, just remember that we've got a toddler running around the place.
- The little remote controls the stereo sitting on the lower shelf of our entertainment center. Brendon likes to walk up to the stereo and push random buttons on the thing, meaning he usually ends up accidentally cranking the classical station to 11 (figuratively speaking, since it technically goes up to 30). The remote is just an emergency precaution for those situations.
- Yes, the chair is dumpy. Yes, there's a hole in the back cover. Yes, the seat cover is coming off because the zipper broke. And yes, that is a lone safety pin ghetto-rigged in an attempt to hold the seat cover together better. But you know what, it's really a comfy place to sit cross-legged and drink coffee and write, so there.
- The barnyard toys are Brendon's, not mine.
Super glamorous, right?
Maybe someday I'll have a real desk inside a real home office. Until then, I'm making do with my humble little setup.